Dear parents and carers,
Parents are asked to sign and return the COVID Home School agreement as soon as possible. This will be sent out in the first week or can be downloaded at home and sent in. Only 1 copy is required to be returned to school.Please ensure that you adhere to these arrangements as far as possible.
Once the children are in school, we will do everything we can to make things as normal and relaxed as possible while staying within official guidance.
- Now that your child is attending school, it is extra important that they maintain good social distancing rules outside of school in line with the latest Government guidance. It is important for everyone’s safety.
- If anyone in the household shows symptoms of Covid-19, then please DO NOT send your child/ren into school.
- Please refer to the parent guide on the website about different scenarios and how they will impact on attendance. If in doubt please ring the school Parent line 728 9639.
- If your child develops any symptoms while in school, we will contact you and ask you to collect them immediately. It is very important that we have accurate contact details and we are able to contact you to attend promptly throughout the day.
Reminders about what to bring to school
- Please DO bring school reading books in book bags each day.
- Please DO bring a clear water bottle with a sports cap type lid. Other types of bottles cannot be used. Bottles should be filled with water at home each day and be clearly marked with your child’s name. We will be unable to return any bottles without names.
- Please DO bring indoor and outdoor PE kits into school.
- Please DO bring a sunhat and/or a coat for outdoor learning and playtimes.
- Please DO apply sun cream before school to last all day if necessary.
- Please DO bring a healthy snack in a disposable bag with your child’s name clearly marked. DO NOT send sweets, chocolate or nuts into school as children will not be allowed to eat them.
- Please DO remember to bring in asthma inhalers and emergency medication (to be given directly to staff). Children are expected to self-administer inhalers. Ensure paperwork has been completed so that staff are aware of the specific needs of your child and where/when this should be administered.
- Please DO NOT send any other medication into school as we will be unable to administer it. Please contact us to discuss if necessary.
- Please DO NOT send any hand sanitiser or hand moisturising cream as these are provided throughout school.
- Please DO NOT send in any other items (toys, books etc.) from home. All stationary equipment will be provided by school so children don’t need to bring any extra equipment from home.
Dropping Off and Picking Up Arrangements
Arrangements have been made to minimise the risk of infection to children and families during Drop Off and Pick Up to and from school.
Entrance and exits for all classes are marked on the school plan on the website.
For everyone’s safety, we ask families to remember:
- Do not drop off or pick up your child/ren if you have any symptoms of Covid-19. If you are unsure please refer to our parent/carer guide on the website or telephone the Parent line on 728-9639.
- Only one parent or carer to accompany child/ren to and from school site.
- Staggered drop off between 8:40 – 8:50 am.
Start of day End of day
Surnames A-G 8.40am 3.05pm
Surnames H-N 8.45am 3.10pm
Surnames O-Z 8.50am 3.15pm
- Please see the map on the school website which shows entrances and exits for each class.
- Maintain social distancing of 2m between families.
- When picking up and dropping off, please keep 2m back from door and do not enter building.
- Please keep face-to-face enquiries to an absolute minimum and contact school office by phone if necessary.
- Exit the premises as soon as you have collected your child/ren.
- Please keep to the left when entering or exiting the school grounds.
- We ask that parents stick to the correct time slot where possible and do not arrive earlier.
- Children enter through doors shown on school plan. Staff will be able to direct children to the correct classroom if they are unsure where to go.
- Staff will be available as usual to take messages from parents.
- Please remember that collection doors may not be the same as entrance doors.
- If parents or carers have children in different year groups they should drop/collect the youngest first.
- Unfortunately we are unable to send children to other classes or doors at home time. We appreciate that this is a challenge for childminders and understand that there will need to be a degree of flexibility around collection times for these children.
- Staff will be unable to deal with queries on the doors/playground at the end of the day. Parents and carers should contact the school office by telephone if they have a query or concern.
Arrangements have been made to minimise the risk of infection to children and staff during lunchtimes.
You can choose to send a packed lunch with your child or to request a school meal (all children are entitled to free school meals). The menu for autumn term is on the website in the Parents section.
Children will eat in class groups in the school hall. Each year group bubble will be in the hall at the same time.
All children will also spend time outdoors during the lunch period (weather permitting) in their year group bubble.
Tables will be cleaned and santised between each year group.
- Each year group will have dedicated time-slot to access the hall for lunch, one class at a time served.
- Socially distanced queuing in hall.
- Additional water will be available as usual.
- All packed lunches must be in a sealable lunch box. Please do not send packed lunches in carrier bags.
- Lunch boxes must be clearly labelled with child’s name and class.
- Packed lunch boxes will be stored in dedicated area for each class.
- Children will collect their packed lunch box when it is time to eat.
- Please be advised that staff will be unable to assist with opening items/removing wrapping etc. so all food must be easily accessed by child.
- All uneaten items/empty wrappers will be returned to the box for disposal at home.
We will keep this guidance under constant review and inform you of any changes.
Ms R Thomas and staff