Income Related Free School Meals
As you are aware all Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children are entitled to free school meals, funded by the Government. However, if you receive a qualifying benefit (see below) we ask that you make a formal application for Income Related Free School Meals, this allows the school to claim additional funding known as Pupil Premium. This funding is used to support eligible children in a variety of ways.
- Income Support.
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Income related Employment Support Allowance.
- Support under Part Vl of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Child Tax Credit – as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenues and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit.
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit – provided you have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month). If you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit, I urge you to claim, as the additional funding will benefit your child. If your claim is successful for Income Related Free School Meals, please inform school, this information is strictly confidential.
You can apply via this link https://liverpool.gov.uk/benefits/ or telephone 0800 028 3697. If you have any questions, please contact the school office.
Ms Ruth Thomas